Monday, 21 Sep 2020

KFC customer ‘felt sick’ after discovering maggots in her takeaway

A customer was left horrified after she found maggots in her KFC takeaway, she claims.

Nikita Leedell-Smith, 19, said she "felt sick" after she saw the alleged insect in her chips.

After ordering a box of popcorn chicken snack box from the fast-food chain in Cambridge, she noticed something moving.

She initially began tucking into the meal at her home and everything seemed normal, reports Cambridgeshire Live.

But after a few minutes, she claimed she noticed something moving in her chips.

She said: “I’d eaten a couple of chips beforehand, and that’s when I started noticing that something was moving. I was just like ‘oh my goodness.’

“I looked closer, and when I picked up a chip I realised it was a maggot. I felt sick.

“I found two. One was alive, and I think the other one was dead because it just lay there on my chip. It didn’t move or anything.

“It’s really not nice. I really did not expect that. My reaction when I saw it was just ‘what the hell?’”

Nikita said she got in touch with KFC the following day (September 7), but claimed the fast-food giant was unwilling to offer her a refund after the awful experience.

She said: “I phoned them on Monday because it was a takeout meal. They were just really rude to me on the phone. They said they couldn’t refund the money or replace my food.

  • KFC horror as mum left 'physically sick' from ‘mouldy’ chicken in Snack Box meal

“I was so angry that they had spoken to me like this and wouldn’t refund the money.

“I have pictures of the maggots, and they wouldn’t do anything about it. They basically accused me of putting the maggots in my own food.”

She added: “I think it’s worth mentioning the fact that I'm pregnant as well, and they didn’t have a care in the world when I phoned them.”

Nikita claimed she’d had a similar experience with the same KFC ‘over a year ago.’

“This has really put me off going to KFC again because this isn’t the first time it happened. I had a fly in my chicken.

“They replaced my food so I didn’t bother taking it higher, but this time they were just really rude about it.

“Seeing as it’s happened more than once, I really don’t think I’ll be going back there.”

A KFC spokeswoman said: “Hold up! It’s near on impossible for any unwanted visitors to survive our cooking processes but we’ve triple checked for pests at our East Road, Cambridge restaurant and we’re all clear.

"When taking food home, we recommend our guests enjoy their meal as soon as possible (why wouldn’t you!) to prevent anyone else getting in on the action. We’d love Nikita to get in touch with our Care Squad so we can chat about her concerns.”

Source: Read Full Article